So I have been tagged…
Thank you, lilmissfox, for liking my blog enough to want to know more, but I am about to break the rules.
Rule break one, no photo. I am sorry, I like my anonymity here.
Rule break two, no tagging. I follow too many wonderful blogs to decide who I should tag.
I will give you your eleven facts, and try to stick to things I haven’t already talked about on my blog. Here goes…
1) I wish I had the same kind of imagination as my son. He thinks up the wildest ideas and brings them to life, and I love listening to him argue a case for the ridiculous.
2) I have only been completely in love once in my life. Nowadays I am so terrified of the feeling of loss when it all fell apart that I worry I don’t let myself live quite enough.
3) I am more obsessed with numbers than people realise. I drive my car and calculate distances travelled based on time and average speed. I walk in the park and estimate the gradient of the slope I am walking. I count things out all the time, and refuse to stop on a prime number.
4) I am useless at throwing or catching a ball, but I CAN hit things with a big stick.
5) My daughter has the voice of an angel. Listening to her sing fills me with the greatest sense of peace. And no, I’m not saying that just because I’m her mum.
6) The person I remember most in childhood memories is my brother. I looked up to him so much, but he’d never believe this.
7) I auditioned for the part of Rizzo in a school production of Grease, but they didn’t want a Rizzo who was actually pregnant. I probably wouldn’t have done a very good job anyway…
8) I’m a migraine sufferer. The meds I take now as a preventative are great as far as pain management goes, but work havoc on my clarity of mind at times. This is probably the reason I talk myself round in circles late at night or early in the morning.
9) I choose my friends carefully. I’ll talk to just about anyone, but I know exactly who my real friends are. I’d forgive them almost anything, because they are worth their weight in gold.
10) I told my mum I was bi at the age of 12. She told me it was just a phase, and she was wrong, but I couldn’t have asked for a more accepting family. If I am happy, so are they.
11) Logic is my tool. It always overcomes things in the end, even if it takes a while for emotion to catch up. “With logic comes great wisdom,” or so the cutest multilingual lesbian once told me.
Now for your questions….
1. What is your favourite meal? Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner?
Dinner. Mainly because I skip the other two way too often.
2. Do you have any moles and if so, where is the strangest place one is located?
Under my arm. It is ugly and one day I may consider getting it removed.
3. If you could stay a certain age forever, what would it be?
Right here, right now. I thought hard about that question, and my answer leads me to the conclusion that I’m doing better than I thought I might be, I am enjoying my life. Thanks for asking.
4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?
A little house by the sea. I miss the coast and I’d love to have the option to visit whenever I wished.
5. Which celebrity do you think you look most like?
I don’t think I look like anyone in particular, but I have been told more than once that I look like Jo Frost from Supernanny. I think it’s just the glasses.
6. What was the best kiss you have ever had and why?
While watching my first sunset over the sea at a beautiful place in Devon, with a guy I loved so completely. In that moment, we were the only two people in the world.
7. Where would you go if you could get a free roundtrip ticket to anywhere?
Athens. Take me to the Parthenon.
8. Is there anything you collect? Or maybe a favourite hobby?
I collect books, without even trying. I love to read and I do have a kindle but I still buy books anyway.
9. Would you be ok with hiking in an area where there might be bears?
Koala bears? Sure.
10. What is your go-to snack? Are you the sweet, salty, or savoury type?
I don’t have a favourite, it depends on my mood. Mostly savoury but everyone wants chocolate sometimes…
11. Can you hear the fanfare? Confetti to you! Did you enjoy the ride?
I hear it… in my head… or maybe that is the noise of my daughter singing…